You guys! I was so excited about today’s topic. I’ve always wanted to do a hot cocoa bar, and just haven’t had the right “event”. Things have been a little crazy around here lately, and I am ashamed to admit that I’m more than a little cranky. So, the fact that this post gave me the chance to do something fun with them was fantastic! We kept our little hot cocoa bar pretty low key, but if we ever did it again, I would really put a lot more effort into the toppings. Hot Cocoa Bar toppings are so much fun!
Hot Cocoa Bar Toppings
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
1. Whipped Cream
2. Salted Caramels
3. Caramel Drizzle
4. Whipped Cream Cubes
5. Chocolate chips
6. Peanut Butter Chips
11. Crushed Candy Canes
12. Hershey kisses
15. Rock Candy
17. White Chocolate Chips
19. Marshmallow Cream
20. Chocolate Sprinkles
21. Toffee bits
22. Peanut butter cups
More hot cocoa bar tips-
- Use mason jars to hold your toppings
- Decorate with washi tape and chalkboard stickers (these are reusable!)
- Use disposable coffee cups (<these are so cute and festive!), or have guests decorate their cups so that they know which one is theirs. You could even make their own mugs!
Crock pot Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 c cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk (sweetened)
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix it all together in your crock pot, and cook on high for about an hour, stirring frequently, and then set to low.
What’s your favorite hot cocoa topping? Let us know in the comments!!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!