In our house, spaghetti is a family favorite. I could actually eat spaghetti 3 or 4 nights a week. It’s always been one of my favorites. I don’t even need anything special added to it. But, I typically just use plain old jarred sauce. This week though, I discovered the ultimate kitchen hack which made this simple, albeit somewhat boring meal, a bit more excited, and still just as simple. The best part… it’s totally going to make being more creative with cooking (even when time isn’t on my side) possible with so many other meals! This creamy tomato basil sauce is so tasty, full of delicious ingredients, and still only takes 20 minutes to make.
Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
- Pop and Cook crushed garlic
- Pop and Cook basil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 brick of cream cheese softened
- 1- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter, and add, 4 cubes of basil, and one cube of garlic.
You guys, I cannot tell you how awesome these Pop and Cook fresh frozen portion controlled garlic and herbs are! You can find them at Walmart, in the freezer section. I don’t typically have the time to cut fresh basil, chop onions, or crush garlic. Nor can I honestly say that I want to. My house smelled AMAZING though as soon as I started cooking with these. The kids kept walking in asking what I was cooking.
2. Add brown sugar to the melted butter, and stir well while cooking over low- medium heat.
3. Cut up softened cream cheese and add to the butter. This step is important. All of the cream cheese has to be smooth, and combined well with the butter. You don’t want to be left with any lumps.
4. Add tomatoes to your cream cheese mixture. Mix well, while continuously heating. Once all of the ingredients are combined, bring to a boil, and then allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
This was such an easy twist on a meal we all love, and it was so good!! You don’t have to have a ton of time to cook something fresh, and delicious with Pop & Cook. I know that sounds corny, but it is so true! If you haven’t tried out Pop & Cook- sauteed onions, garlic, basil, ginger, and cilantro, you have to! You can thank me later. For reals. So good!